Thursday, March 29, 2012

Korea Part II

Korea Part Two. Now that my life has settled a little bit, at least no more moving across the country or studying for massive tests, I bought my ticket to return to Korea. I know most of you have heard the stories of the last trip, the mess of getting there, and the whirlwind experiences. This time I decided that this would be the easiest way to keep everyone informed without repeating myself too many times. 

I have mixed feelings about going back. For one, I'm going alone this time - I was so lucky to have a friend with me for sanity. Don't get me wrong, I'm very excited to go back. And blessed that my biological family and I have gotten along so well. I know that doesn't happens every time. I'm excited for the food, and really just to be with them. Not traveling everywhere, not worrying as much about what to do and to say; just being with them is enough this time. Last time I felt we were, or they were ... making up for lost time. We did what they wanted to and it was a great trip, but I felt like I was there for their comfort and relief seeing that I was okay. And that their decision was the right one. This time, I'm hoping for it just to be more relaxed. Maybe more of what I want to do and see? (Again, not ungrateful for the last trip). I will have to sit them down and explain to them I've been walking and eating the way I do for 24 years, and it's okay if I fall or have to eat slower. Because I don't think I can go two weeks with someone holding my hand every time or cutting my food for me.

So it's up to you, if you'd like to follow the blog save the link in your favorites.
If not, there's no way I'll know :)


No comments:

Post a Comment