Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Closing Statements

I just realized that I never wrote about the last day. There are somethings of that day that will be mine. Like the rest of my b-family, emotions are not our strong suit and we all are able to put on a happy face despite what we're really feeling.

So like my earlier post about the GPS, my b-dad drove me to the airport with my b-sister and b-brother in tow. It's like though, and my b-dad is a well traveled man, he's NEVER driven to the airport before. I was a little worried when I was seeing signs for the Incheon Port and not the Incheon AIRport. Thankfully we made it to the airport but I think the stress of the situation also took away his ability to read. "Arrivals" and "departures" do look the same ....

Once safely in the airport and checked in, it was time to eat again. My last Korean meal in the airport. I introduced my b-sister to the game "Drawsome" on our phones so we played that the whole morning and at the airport. Something just for the two of us. My b-brother still didn't say much to me, maybe next time. After arguing with the b-dad about what security point I had to go through and where my gate was, the dreaded time was upon us. Goodbyes. So we quickly hugged each other, said we'd see each other again soon, and I walked through the sliding doors to stand in line. The way the line zig-zagged around I actually saw them all still standing there. They weren't helping my composure.

I will give you this much: 


I got this after getting through customs and security. This wasn't the clue she was supposed to draw, but it summed up what we were all feeling.

I don't know how many of you will end up reading this, but I am thankful for all the love and support I have here at home. I am glad you enjoyed reading this, and maybe I'll update it once in a while : )

No comments:

Post a Comment