Yesterday (4/18) was eventful. It was a sister day. Started off with an odd breakfast of beef cream soup and kimchi. My b-mom had bought the soup when we went to the supermarket, I don't know if she thought I was craving American food or something. My b-sister asked me "do you have strong menstrual pains?" This was not a question I was expecting but I guess it is something sisters talk about. I told her to use ibuprofen instead of tylenol like any good sister would. She asked if I liked movies and that we were going to one, the Hunger Games. She bought the tickets online and fun fact, you can reserve your seats also. Probably a nice feature on an opening night. We were on our way and like the past days of crazy drivers, it was the same hectic scene. There was a blue truck in front of us that seemed to attracted every bad driver and also stopped suddenly often. I'm surprised it doesn't happen as often, but we got rear ended! I was so excited, an odd thing to be excited about but I was. The cute little policemen showed up in their Hyundai police car. She handled it well and the damage was minor.
She tried getting a hold of my parents who were both at work. We got to the movie theater in one piece. We went to the Fun Square and played this video game of little dinosaurs and robots. It looked very similar to old school Mario brothers. There was also a VIP suite for .... movie-goers? It was empty though so we decided to go to the bookstore. I had mentioned I wanted to get a elementary book to learn Korean. Or attempt to. She proceeded to buy both elementary books with their work books as well. Joy, thankfully it all fits in my suitcase. My father called her back, she explained what happened, and he wanted us to go to the hospital. I told her no, everything was okay. As Lindsay put it, they were probably worried she had killed me. There's very few occasions where you could get me to a hospital in a foreign country. After that we made it back to the movie theater where we were the only ones there. So much for reserving our seats.
I think we were in trouble for the fender bender. Originally we were going to the arboretum where my mother works but instead we were sent home. To study Korean. My sister studied her English also, which made me laugh. The way they view us is entertaining, especially how we order things:
We ordered pizza. I almost scoffed at this until it came. Canadian bacon, sausage, onion, pineapple, and corn. A side dish was a little thing of pickles, take a bite of pizza, eat a pickle. It wasn't bad, a little odd. Andrew would have liked it.
Once my b-parents got home it was time to eat again, this time I said no. I'm already feeling a little bloated but I don't really have an option when it's time to eat. My b-mom brought home some crafts she does with her students and we made bookmarks with dried flowers. haha, I really am 12 again. I forgot I had a couple Entertainment Weekly's and my sister got a kick out of the pictures of Nicki Minaj. I would too. My b-father said "lets go outside" which turned into a drive around Incheon. We went to Bupyeong Street, which is definitely more of a date night type thing than something to do with your father. But he showed me the hospital where I was born, and where they got married. Bupyeong Street is like a mini downtown area. Lots of stores and restaurants. And young couples. Lots. He asked me if girls in America wear short skirts too, I said yes, he just shook his head. I don't think it was a place for us to be on a Friday night, but it's all about the experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment