Friday, April 27, 2012

There she goes!

4/24
My b-sister and I went shopping again. When we were in Paju I thought I had seen Gucci, but really it was Guess and Heather had said she wanted something from Gucci. Apparently I can't read here either. Off to another mall, but this wasn't an outlet so much more expensive. A Gucci keyring was 195,000 won, about $190. No way Jose!

After the mall we headed to where she works, the Incheon Arboretum. See, no one tells me anything so I didn't bring my camera. I assumed we'd be under house arrest again and told to come straight home after the mall. But no, so all my pictures on one of the few days it was nice outside are on my phone. Anyways. It was a little hazy, so very muggy. My poor b-sister was in long pants and a long sleeve shirt. I was again wearing denim so I think we both were pretty miserable. It was really nice out finally though so it was good to be outside. The grounds of the arboretum were beautiful. Off the main road and sidewalks were trails and such that you could do. I don't think Korean's view the sun the same way we do. When it barely breaks 70 back home everyone is in shorts and tshirts. Here, if the sun is up the majority of people cover up. Well, the older generation I should say wear long sleeve track jackets, pants, sun hats, and these face guard things. It's like a smoke bomb went off. The younger generation wear a little more weather appropriate attire, but still a lot of hats and long sleeves. Also a lot of high heels. Women would be in short skirts with high heels and men in full on suits riding around on bikes (When no one is talking to me, I just people watch).

We ate a snack though I said I wasn't hungry. And then off to do our own 4 person bike thing. I sat in the middle while the two of them pedaled. The worlds two worst drivers steering and me ringing the bell.


Koreans already have a poor sense of personal space, give them umbrellas and it's worse, put them on bikes and it's a nightmare. The bike ride was fun though, it was nice to feel a breeze. Also entertaining to watch my mom try to take pictures and my sister eating ice cream while steering through the crowds. We were there for most of the afternoon and it was beautiful. My b-sister and I talked about girl things, dating and getting married. She said when I get married, she wants to come. Of course I said. She said my brother is not interested in girls. I'm sure all 3 of us are a disappointment to my b-parents. No wedding bells for us.

We went to dinner close to the arboretum. Most restaurants you sit on the floor while eating. And food always just keeps coming. Taking pictures of it is near impossible because new things just pop up.

 I usually have to sit down to put my shoes on and this time was no different. When I went to stand up, I knew it had happened. I pulled my back out. I blame me just getting up wrong because surprisingly thus far my back hasn't given me trouble. When it goes out, I can't stand up straight or really walk without shooting pains in my back. And here I was hunching over in the doorway of a restaurant at the top of a flight of stairs. Shoot me. I got down the stairs without anyone noticing my wincing and into the car. I thought if I can just get home and lay down, pretend I'm just tired, no one would freak out. But. I forgot about the driving. My b-mom tends to hit the breaks a little hard and there are a lot of speed bumps put in random places. I almost made it, but made a noise after one quick brake. She asked what was wrong, I told her my back hurt but not to worry. I just needed some ice and to lay down. She tried rubbing my back, and I din't have the heart to tell her not to touch me. She said they didn't have ice at home but my dad would get some. She reached over and I wasn't sure what she was doing but all of a sudden the back of my seat was reclining. The sudden movement hurt like no other but once I was down, it was a little better. I felt little hands on my shoulders and my sister was rubbing them. Very cute, I just laughed because what else could I do.

My b-mom had multiple conversations with my b-dad and when we were about  4 minutes away my car door opens and there standing with a bag of ice is my b-dad. He hands it to me, closes the door, and starts running to the apartment. What am I supposed to do with this? This is not an ice pack, but a smaller bag of ice you'd buy at a gas station. So I just hold the bag till we get home. My b-sister jumps out, and I follow. I don't wait for anyone. Slowly I made it into the apartment and straight to my room without taking off my shoes. Pills! I took a muscle relaxer hoping it'd do something. Soon I had everyone in my room, they bought some icy cream that my b-sister was rubbing on my back. My b-mom decided I didn't need my pants anymore and starting taking them off. I tried to stop her but she insisted, got them off and then covered me with a towel. Once she left the room and it was only my b-sister and I, despite the pain I got up to put my scrubs on. Then everyone was back. My parents have been worried the whole time I would catch a cold and kept feeling my forehead. Finally they left me alone, and my sister just played with my ipod until I fell asleep.

I was hoping I'd go this trip without anything happening and I almost made it. Now, I'm sure they won't let me do much with this going on. i told them it'd be fine in the morning, and it was my fault that I moved wrong. Stupid back.

No comments:

Post a Comment