Thursday, April 26, 2012

Gucci Anyone?

4/23
Another girls day. We ate breakfast and then it was off to shopping. I was hoping for more of a street market, something a little more authentic but I don't think this is my b-mom's style. We were heading to Paju, and from the picture my b-sister showed me it definitely wasn't a street market.


It was a huge outlet mall with basically all the same stores you'd find in America. It was a beautiful mall though. My b-mom didn't want me to pay for anything. We are both stubborn and while she wins most of the time, I won this one. We went into a couple home stores looking for chopsticks. I can't say they were bought at a street market but they are probably more sanitary this way anyways. We went into a place I know nothing about, cosmetics. Both my b-mom and b-sister walked through knowingly and determined to find what they wanted. My b-mom told me she would buy anything I wanted. I politely told her I don't where makeup. I've always said I wouldn't start wearing make-up until someone told me I had to. And I think she politely was saying I should. Instead of makeup, she pointed me towards all the creams and lotions which I also don't use but I at least tried to look. I ended up finding some night rejuvenating cream, it seemed the least ... invasive. This just spurred them to find the best night cream. I thought it'd be an easy fix to just grab something, I was wrong. I would have given anything to get out of there. There was a LEGO store a couple stores down that I'd rather go to. No such luck. We went to a couple other stores, she bought some shoes and other things. After the last store, she sent my b-sister and I to the playground while she went to get gift certificates. From what I understood, her credit card had points or something that she could use/receive. My b-sister said it was embarrassing when she did this. So we just took a bunch of pictures on the playground.




Once we got home, my b-mom dropped us off and she went somewhere for a few hours. Not sure where and I don't usually ask her. When she got home my sister was relieved of her babysitting duties for the night and she went to see a friend. My mom said she had ordered Chinese food. And I learned after the pizza incident, not to scoff at this either. And this was no ordinary  Kung Pao Chicken. I don't know if I've ever had authentic Chinese food but this seemed pretty close. She then gave me a scarf that my sister had knitted. I'm not sure if my sister knows I have it, but the gesture was nice.

I forgot to mention that my family has a dog. Hang is his name and he's a butt. A miniature poodle I think.
 
 He's very cute and looks like a mini teddy bear. He doesn't eat dog food either. It's his last resort. He mostly eats rice, and whatever everyone else is eating. His downside is his yappy-ness. Anytime I move he starts barking at me. Anytime the doorbell rings he yaps, when there's food he wants he yaps, i really just want to kick him sometimes. And then other times he can be cute and cuddly. Most of the time though he just barks at me.

1 comment:

  1. Love reading this...everything seems so fun and crazy all at once!

    ReplyDelete