4/25
If I could have gone without telling them I would have. Other than just being a little sore, the back is fine. It usually works itself out over night and I'm back to good the next day. I've basically been put on bed-rest, or just not allowed to move. I was basically on the couch, with salonpas patches covering my back, and slowly melting. I move anyways because sitting or laying down for a long period of time doesn't help either. My b-dad told me that "Korean waist, hot pack, no ice pack". So I've been using a hot pack this morning and boiling of course. If I don't melt here it'll be amazing.
He's also fascinated with my feet. He told me one night they look like dolphins because they curve over when not in my braces. An odd comparison but I'll take it. When we were at my grandparents guest house with the whole family, he decided it was fun to flip my toes up and down because they bounce. I wasn't sure what to do with that. I tried moving my feet away from him but he would just pull them back. I really don't like my feet being touched, even by family.
We did end up leaving the house for lunch because it's perfectly clear now that my b-dad doens't cook if he doesn't have to. We went to this shopping mall about 4 minutes from their house and found a restaurant. Most of the dishes had tofu in it, and he tried to explain to me how they make tofu. And I think he mentioned that my b-mom doesn't know how to, and this is a problem. If my b-mom doesn't know how to, then Hyun Kyung won't know how to. Thankfully the restaurant had tables and not sitting on the floor Korean style. He mentioned the plan for today was to go to Gangwondo - back on the east side of the country, but we didn't because of my back. Gangwondo, as he said it, known for "crap, big crap". After some hand gestures I realized he meant craBs, not big crap. I apologized for having to change plans, I wasn't sure what else to do. He seemed disappointed and so was I with being cooped up in the apartment. He also seemed perturbed I'd use ice on my back. He said "Korean waist (pointing to his lower back), hot pack only. NO ice pack. Your doctor say ice pack?" To make him feel better I told him I use both, which isn't true, but that seemed to help a little. After lunch, he said the rest of the day I was to use the hotpack, no ice.
Today was pretty ... boring. With having to stay on the heat pad, I mostly read all day. My b-sister ventured out of her room and hung out with me. Mainly because I brought her ice cream. My b-mom got home from work and immediately went to work on dinner. Really, no one eats unless she makes it. It's sort of amusing.
No comments:
Post a Comment